Baylor Missions Fair 2020 | Call for Missions & Ministry Organizations
Baylor Missions & Public Life invites missions and ministry organizations to join us for the 2020 Baylor Missions Fair scheduled for Monday, September 14, 2020!
Participating missions and ministry organizations will have the opportunity to share information about their organization and cause, and connect Baylor students to short-term and long-term missional opportunities.
We thank you for your patience as we have thoughtfully and carefully prepared for our 2020 Missions Fair. As members of the Baylor Family, we value one another, our cherished traditions, and the beloved institution we call home. To this end, it is our duty to diligently guard our own health as well as the health of our fellow students, faculty, staff and neighbors.
Therefore, our 2020 Missions Fair will be a virtual experience, as we take all steps necessary to fight the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe and healthy.
The 2020 Baylor Missions Fair will kickoff our CONNECTED | Missions Week which will be hosted Monday, September 14, 2020 through Friday, September 18, 2020.
2020 Baylor Missions Fair At-a-Glance
Education & Exploration
We're in the development stage of a special web page where we will share curated missions educational videos, as well as digital content from participating organizations.
Students will be able to browse the page beginning Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020.
Connected Live Sessions
Live Zoom sessions will be scheduled beginning Monday, Sept. 14, and throughout the week for students to connect directly with representatives from organizations. These gatherings will also be recorded, and shared on the website for students to view.
Please take advantage of this virtual gathering by including current or recent participants into these conversations.
Social Media Journeys
Interviews, Q&As, and Behind-the-Scenes experiences with current missionaries, ministers, and organizational representatives shared live via social media throughout the week.
If you or a representative from your organization are interested in the Social Media Journeys experience in particular, please e-mail Dom McShan and respond accordingly in the 2020 Missions Fair Interest Form.
Topic-based 30-minute group and panel discussions via Zoom and/or live streamed via social media.
Desired topics include:
- Things to Know Before Serving on a Mission Trip
- What's a mission trip? Why should I serve on mission?
- Serving on Mission? Evangelizing? What's the difference?
- Support Raising & Funding Tips for Missional Experiences
- Loving Where You Live: Serving Locally
- Serving on Mission During a Health Pandemic
- Racial Justice & Healing as Ministry
- Can Missions be a Career?
- Diving into Hunger & Poverty
- Why do we need medical missionaries in the first place?
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
To participate in the 2020 Missions Fairs, organizations must submit the 2020 Missions Fair Interest Form by Monday, September 7, 2020.
Due to various factors, such as scheduling, technology, and amount of interested organizations, we may not be able to host all interested organizations. However, all organizations that submit their interest form and content by Wednesday, Sept. 2, will be notified on or before Friday, Sept. 4th.
The following information and items are required in the interest form:
- Organization Logo / Mark: PNG file, with transparent background
- Promotional Video: Send us a video that highlights the mission, impact, and experience of your organization. This video does not have to be created specifically for Missions Fair. Feel free to use a video your organization has ready.
- Participating organizations must upload their video trailer to YouTube or Vimeo in advance, and share the link with us.
- Our hope is to share engaging, high-quality content prepared for a young adult audience. The maximum video length is 5 minutes total. However, we recommend keeping videos between approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Brief Description of Organization: Be sure to highlight what makes your organization unique from other missions organizations and the special experience student may have by serving with your organization. will be learning about and interacting with
- COVID-19 Response: Share with us how COVID-19 has impacted your organization, communities served, as well as precautions, adaptations, and safety measures your organization has implemented in response to COVID-19.
- Opportunities to Serve & How to Apply: Beginning Summer 2021.
- Contact Information: Website, e-mail address, social media links, phone number, mailing address, and contact person.
An online format may not be exactly what we had in mind for this year, yet we are still eager to continue this tradition, enhance mission education, engage a larger audience, and connect students to transformational experiences to love their neighbor.
Again, we thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing how God will allow you to touch the lives of Baylor students and the world this year!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dom McShan at (+1) 254-710-3827.